Automotive High Line Dispatcher
O'Gara Coach Westlake is offering an excellent career opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced individual.
As a leader in the automotive industry, we are dedicated to forming long-lasting relationships with our clients and our employees.Opportunity has no limit. We offer aggressive compensation packages, great benefits, we are involved in our community and charitable causes.
We are seeking an automotive Dispatcher to join a growing service department. Must possess solid experience in an automotive service setting with proven results. Shop Foreman experience a plus. Must posses stellar communication and customer service skills. We possess a top-notch benefits package, including medical, dental, and an all-around incredible work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
You must pass a background check and drug test in order to be hired for this position.
Dispatcher duties include but are not limited to:
- Planning, organizing, leading, and controlling the flow of service work through the service department in a professional, timely manner while ensuring quality repairs at a fair cost to the client
- Allocating technician and workshop time and resources
- Serve as a liaison between the Service Manager, Shop Foreman, Service Advisors, Parts personnel, and Technicians
- Schedule shop work to facilitate maximum productivity in accordance with center policy and the technician skill level required
- Sets work priorities to consider repeat repairs or clients who are waiting
- Accurately estimate shop capacity and shop loading, and provide accurate reports upon request
- Review job status frequently, logging status and reporting any change in time or cost estimates to the appropriate service advisor and/or customer
- Review hard copies of repair orders turned in by technicians to ensure that assigned work has been performed and the repair order has been completed properly. Ensure that proper documents are attached to the repair order
- Ensure proper repair documentation, i.e., complaint, cause, and correction noted on every repair order with punch time for each operation. Open and close repair orders.
- Maintain and monitor effective time controls
- Maintain accurate and complete service dispatch record
- Control and set priorities on all comebacks to ensure proper and prompt attention
- Ensure that Technicians follow warranty material disposition procedures
- Coordinate parts requirements with the Parts Department. Advise Parts Manager and Service Manager of repetitive shortage so that corrective action can be taken
- Schedule maintenance for Service Department vehicles and equipment
- Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Automotive Technical: 3 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as FSAs
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules