Hyundai or Kia experience helpful but not necessary. The Service Technician is responsible for Performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. A technician is expected to perform quality work without direct or continual supervision and be able and willing to work on all work assigned to him.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Receive repair from dispatcher on computer terminal and take vehicle to stall areas.
2. Perform work a outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards
3. Communicate with Parts dept. to obtain needed parts. Inform SM and dispatcher if vehicle is down awaiting parts and pursue special ordering of parts, if appropriate.
4. Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
5. Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
6. Communicate requests for additional work and estimates to the SM using the RE terminal command.
7. Inform Service Advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or of repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
8. Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair, if authorized by the customer.
9. Document work performed on each vehicle on the repair order using the concern, cause, correction format. Tell the technician’s story as clearly as possible on your terminal as this is what the customer will see and how the billing will be determined.
10. Road Test vehicles to quality check work performed as required, keeping in mind that customers’ vehicles should not be used for personal errands and should not be operated illegally or unsafely. Seat belts must be worn at all times.
11. Supervise work of any inexperienced technicians as assigned and continually monitor status of each vehicle and inform the SM. Escalate “wait” jobs as much as possible. Monitor promised times and inform SM if there will be a problem meeting a promise time as soon as it becomes apparent.
12. Fix it right the first time! Perform road test, have customer complete the Diagnostic Questionnaire provided by dealership, check service history and factory technical information, talk directly to customer if necessary
Skills Required and Physical Demands:
1. Valid driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record.
2. General mechanical skills
3. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. ASE certification preferred.
4. High school diploma or the equivalent
5. Honesty and good judgement
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time